In cybersecurity, the day a company experiences a data breach appears to be their very own Blame Someone Else Day:
- Blame Poor or Missing Risk Assessments
- Blame a Lack of Funding
- Blame the Tools
- Blame Bad Behavior
- Blame a Lack of Communication
- Blame a Poor Reporting Structure
- Blame the Lack of Awareness
- Blame the Bad Decision(-Maker)
- Blame the Short-Term Fix
- Blame a Lack of Metrics
- Blame the Third-Party Vendor
- Blame Everybody Else
- Blame a Magician
Cybersecurity experts shared their thoughts on where blame occurs and why blaming someone or something else is a bad idea …. even if it happens to be on Blame Someone Else Day.
In case you were wondering, the official hashtag for this holiday is #BlameSomeoneElseDay.